Suggs Roots

Wednesday, November 7, 2007
We had some great time with my dad's side of the family last weekend. It had been awhile since we had all gotten together like that. We need to do it more often!

The food was awesome and I ate like it was my last meal. I couldn't get enough of this cheese dip. Seriously, I couldn't! I kept saying it was so good and I told my aunt I would be talking about that dip to everyone for the next couple of weeks.

Aubree, Mia & Brynn

Aunt Sandra, My dad, Aunt Rhonda & Uncle Dan

Aunt Stacey, Mia, Aubree & Brynn

(Everyone in the pictures are a Suggs except for Brynn)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

She's a half-breed eh! hehe So did ya find out the cheese dip receipe to pass along yet!?

Kara Miller said...

Yes! It is so, so yummy. I made it for small group last week and I think it was a hit.

This recipe makes 2 very large balls or 4 normal balls.

Rasp Cheese Spread
4oz cream cheese softened
1 cup mayo
2 cups Shred Mozz cheese (8oz)
2 cups Shred Cheddar cheese (8oz)
3 green onions finely chopped
1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
1/4 cup seedless rasp preserves

Beat cream cheese and mayo until blended
Beat in cheeses and onion
Stir in pecans
Form into a ball and chill
Coat outside with rasp preserves
Serve with crackers

Note: Can be made a day or so ahead. I'd suggest putting the preserves on just before serving because the preserves will run when refrigerated.

Burcham Family said...

I'm glad you all had a great time with family. It's funny to see the brunette beauty with all of those blondes!