Bedroom Makeover

Sunday, January 11, 2009
I feel like it's been awhile since I've posted and gotten caught up with everyone else's blogs. It has been a real busy time for us. Christmas was great, we spent a few days at my parent's in OH, went to my cousins wedding, and then spent a few days at Matt's mom's house in Grand Rapids. Brynn really enjoyed playing with her cousins, all of the gifts, CANDY/SUGAR/COOKIES, staying up late, etc. I think we are still recuperating from it all. I think it is so cute that she refers to my parents as Grandma Huggs (code for Suggs) and Papa and then Matt's parents as Grandma Ponytail (she almost wears her hair up) and then Grandpa Miller.







School started back up again this week, which means long late hours for me. I think one night after working a few extra hours and then coming home, eating dinner, picking up things, spending time with the kids, and then finally sitting down - I was out within 5 minutes. I think it was 5 o'clock the next morning before I became semi-coherent again.

And then this weekend, on Sat night I thought it would be a great idea to go out in the weather and buy new bedding and paint for the bedroom....of course with the expectation that it must be done by tonight! Well, less than 24 hours later the room is done and put back together. It is a night and day difference than what it was before. It was dark walls with light bedding and now it's light walls with dark bedding. Now I just need to find a few more pictures that actually go with the new colors. Thanks to Matt for obliging and helping me out!

Before

After
Oh, and a funny story about the new wall color. If any of your kids watch the Disney Channel show called Imagination Movers, then you might be familiar with Uncle Knit-Knots. Knit-Knots loves everything BORING, all of his clothes are beige and every single thing in his office is the same boring beige. He thinks the movers are much too exciting. When I started putting the color on she comes in and says, "Mom, that is so boring." I was like oh my goodness I did pick a "boring" color. It was a very funny moment and made me second guess my choice of color. Who would have thought that Pecan Sandie could be considered so boring. Oh well, too late now!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad to see a new post:)! Lauren has that same oven! Dont eat the treats!! I relly like your Pecan Ssandie boring room, I think I need to visit the Home Depot... hmmm.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the room looks great! I've been itching to redecorate something lately but I don't think Manuel would be so obliging! haha. I'm glad you all had a great holiday and looking forward to watching your little ones soon!

Burcham Family said...

I'm so glad you had a good Christmas. Your bedroom doesn't look boring to me! :)