Workin' out with Momma

Saturday, December 22, 2007
I am one of many who struggle to exercise on a regular basis (and not being a 'naturally thin' person). From January through July I did really great and was feeling good with my 15 lbs loss...then a new position with many hours and stress and there began the battle (again) of keeping it off. Sadly enough all of the weight has crept back up on me :-( I have been working out here and there but nothing consistent. By time I work a long exhausting day, then come home and deal with dinner, spending time with Brynn, and then bath and bedtime I am usually too pooped to work out! I want Brynn to recognize the importance of staying healthy.....so when I was flipping through our 'On Demand' through Comcast trying to find Blues Clues for Brynn, I selected Kids Fitness instead. There was a 20 minute workout to do as a family and I thought I'd see if Brynn would do it with me. She did! She was really into it a first and was trying to do the moves like the little girls. It was quite cute!! After about 8 minutes she was like "I am all done, Momma." She got up on the couch and snuggled with her blankie while she watched me finish the workout. Hopefully she's last longer next time. :-)

1 comments:

Burcham Family said...

Good for you! That's a great idea. My mom started doing that with Brooke too and she thought it was hilarious!